You can reset your COBALT5S back to its factory state (factory patches / sequences / FX presets, factory global settings) using the following procedure.
WARNING - this will remove all of your custom patches / sequences / FX presets and reset the global settings. Please back up any user edited patches.
Please see our article here on how to do this.
- Power-off your COBALT5s and remove all audio, MIDI and other IO connections.
- Reconnect the power supply or USB power.
- Toggle the power switch to the 'On' position whilst holding the 'Mod' + 'Shift' buttons above the track pad.
- The screen should show “Don’t Panic”, before two options appear saying “Update” and “Factory Reset”. You can now release the two buttons.
- Hold the 'Preset / Edit' encoder to the right of the screen until a bar fills up underneath the "Factory Reset" text.
- The synth will then reboot and the screen should say "DO NOT POWER OFF - Factory reset in progress..." with a bar scrolling across the bottom of the screen. This process will take around 30 seconds.
- The synth will then boot normally with the on-screen boot page which will then change to show the main patch page.