You can reset your ARGON8X back to its factory state (factory patches / sequences / FX presets, factory global settings)
WARNING - this will remove all of your custom patches / sequences / FX presets and reset the global settings. Firstly please back up using the MODALapp. For help, see our Modal Minute guide.
Please use the following procedure:
- Power-off your ARGON8X and remove all power, audio, MIDI, USB and other IO connections.
- Reconnect the power supply and check the correct connection.
- Toggle the power switch to the 'On' position whilst holding the 'Shift' + 'Init' buttons
- The ARGON8X screen should show “Don’t Panic”, before two options appear saying “Update” and “Factory Reset”. You can now release the two buttons.
- Hold the 'Preset / Edit' encoder to the right of the screen until a bar fills up underneath the "Factory Reset" text.
- The synth will then reboot and the screen should say "DO NOT POWER OFF - Factory reset in progress..." with a bar scrolling across the bottom of the screen. This process will take around 30 seconds.
- The synth will then boot normally with the on-screen boot page which will then change to show the main patch page.
If you instead want to reflash the firmware on your ARGON8X, please follow the reflash instructions provided here.