If your SKULPT no longer appears to be working other than the SHIFT LED being illuminated when powered from USB, most likely after performing a firmware update, it is most likely that the firmware on SKULPT has been blanked.
To reflash the firmware please try the following:
- Launch/restart MODALapp
- Connect and turn on your SKULPT and wait for ~10 seconds
- You should now see an alert in MODALapp saying 'No response from firmware'
- Select 'Reflash' and follow the provided instructions to reinstall the firmware.
If the above does not work, or the 'No response from firmware' alert does not appear, please try the following instead:
- Click on the 'M' logo in the top left corner of MODALapp and select 'About'.
- Click and hold on the large 'M' logo on the About section in the centre of the window for 3 seconds
- Click on the 'M' logo in the top left corner of MODALapp again and select the newly appeared 'Tools -> Skulpt -> Reflash Synth' option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reflash the firmware on your SKULPT.
If powered from batteries:
If your SKULPT no longer appears to be working other than the SHIFT LED being illuminated when powered from batteries, this most likely means that the batteries are dead and need to be replaced to operate the unit
When powered from batteries that are running low, SKULPT will first show the Shift LED flashing to indicate Low Power Mode - the batteries will need to be replaced soon and you should immediately save the patch you are working on. After approx 30 seconds SKULPT will shut down - this will be indicated by all the LEDs on the unit remaining on for approx 5 seconds.