This topic covers both Original and SE versions.
SKULPT synthesiser uses a class-compliant MIDI over USB connection, which means most operating systems will recognise it as a MIDI device without the need to install additional drivers. If you’re not seeing ‘Skulpt Synth’ listed as a MIDI device, check the following:
- Check to see if the device shows up on your computer, as described in the MIDI section of the SKULPT synthesiser user manual (Link).
- Some systems may take some time to search for any required drivers - simply wait until your operating system has finished this process.
- Check that your DAW or other software has enabled MIDI input and output to ‘Skulpt Synth’. This is usually found in Preferences > MIDI.
- Check that the USB cable is not faulty and that the USB socket on your computer works properly.
- Make sure that the USB sockets are free from dust or dirt.
- On Windows only a single application can connect to a class-compliant USB-MIDI device (such as SKULPT) at any time - please check that that SKULPT isn't connected to another application