This topic covers both Original and SE versions.
Please try the following options.
- Check that all of the connectors are attached properly.
- Check the Local control as mentioned on P35 of the current manual.
- Check that your headphones or line connection are connected properly and working as they should (testing with another device that provides sound is a good way to do this).
- Try sending MIDI to the SKULPT to identify if it is an issue with the touchpads.
- If connected to a device with a balanced input (e.g an audio interface) you will need to use a TS/mono audio cable rather than a TRS / stereo cable. Both channels of the SKULPT output are the same, meaning that using a TRS cable into a balanced input will result in the two signals partially cancelling each other out and therefore causing a lower audio output.
- Check the patch parameters and global settings. Three parameters can affect the volume of SKULPT.
- The VOLUME control sets the final master volume at the output stage.
- The AEG-DEPTH sets the maximum level that the AEG can reach before returning to 0, and as this parameter is saved per-patch, it can be used to level balance between patches, or modulated to produce AM effects.
- The AEG Sustain level determines what level the DECAY phase will reduce down to. Both ATTACK and DECAY default to 0 on an init patch, so your SUSTAIN level will determine how loud your sustained notes are in this situation.