If your ARGON8M screen is occasionally showing "BOOT ERROR. Please reboot..." when you power it on, please check that your ARGON8M is running firmware v2.2 (or above) and update it if not.
*Please back up any user edited sounds before doing this procedure.
However if your ARGON8M screen is showing this error message every time you power it on, particular after an update that failed, you will need to reflash the firmware using the following procedure:
- Download the latest version of MODALapp to a computer, and connect your ARGON8M to your computer using the USB cable provided in the box
- With your ARGON8M connected to your computer, but without MODALapp open, please power on your ARGON8M whilst holding the 'Shift' + 'Init' buttons
- The ARGON8M screen should show “Don’t Panic”, before two options appear saying “Update” and “Factory Reset”. You can now release the two buttons.
- Now run MODALapp on your computer
- Hold the “Page / Param” encoder switch to the left of the screen until a bar fills up underneath the "Update" text.
- The screen should then show “UPDATE, Waiting for MODALapp connection”.
- Please follow the instructions on MODALapp.