You can reset your ARGON8 back to its factory state (factory patches / sequences / FX presets, factory global settings)
WARNING - this will remove all of your custom patches / sequences / FX presets and reset the global settings. Firstly please back up using the MODALapp. For help, see our Modal Minute guide.
Please use the following procedure:
- Power-off your ARGON8 and remove all power, audio, MIDI, USB and other IO connections.
- Reconnect the power supply and check the correct connection.
- Toggle the power switch to the 'On' position whilst holding the 'Shift' + 'Init' buttons
- The ARGON8 screen should show “Don’t Panic”, before two options appear saying “Update” and “Factory Reset”. You can now release the two buttons.
- Hold the 'Preset / Edit' encoder to the right of the screen until a bar fills up underneath the "Factory Reset" text.
- The synth will then reboot and the screen should say "DO NOT POWER OFF - Factory reset in progress..." with a bar scrolling across the bottom of the screen. This process will take around 30 seconds.
- The synth will then boot normally with the on-screen boot page which will then change to show the main patch page.
If you instead want to re-flash the firmware on your ARGON8, please follow the re-flash instructions provided here.