There are a number of reasons why you might not be hearing sound from your 002 / 002R:
- Check the volume knob is fully open. If not, turn it fully up.
- If using the headphone output, try a second pair of headphones if available.
- If using the audio-out sockets on the back, make sure you have cables connected to both sockets, and test another sound source with the mixer/input device and cables you are using.
- Check the settings of the loaded patch. Try a loading a new patch and/or turning up the VCA amount, VCF cutoff, Osc 1 level and Osc 2 level to max value, and make sure there is no velocity modulation active.
- If attempting to play notes via the internal keyboard, check that the MIDI ‘Local’ setting is set to ‘on’.
- If attempting to play notes via an external MIDI source, check that the MIDI-in ‘notes’ filter control is set to ‘on’.
- If attempting to play notes via the internal sequencer, try setting the MIDI ‘clock’ setting to ‘int’ or ‘auto’, or if using an external MIDI clock make sure the ‘clock’ setting is set to ‘ext’ or ‘auto’ and MIDI-in ‘transport’ is set to ‘on’.
- If none of the above solutions fix the issue attempt a soft reboot of the synth. If that doesn’t work, turn the synth off for 5 minutes and try again.